The library and suggested reading offers a deep vein of study. For those of you who study, and for those of you who usually don’t, Allan suggests you explore. Also, the library will soon have links to other websites, videos, music, and other useful media experiences.
Suggested reading list for Home Practice Retreat:
- The Heart of Buddhist Meditation, Nyanaponika Thera. Special attention to the sections on Clear Comprehension.
- The Noble Eightfold Path: The Way to the End of Suffering, Bhikkhu Bodhi.
- Everyman’s Ethics: Four Discourses of the Buddha, Adapted from the translations of Narada Thera, Buddhist Publication Society, Kandi, Sri Lanka.
- Living This Life Fully: Stories and Teachings of Munindra, by Mirka Knaster.
- ‘A Treatise on the Paramis’: From the Commentary to the Cariyapitaka, Acariya Dhammapala. Translated from the Pali by Bhikkhu Bodhi.
- Buddhist Dictionary; Manual of Buddhist Terms and Doctrines. Nyanatiloka.
- Manual of Insight, Mahasi Sayadaw. Translated by: Vipassana Mettā Foundation Translation Committee.
- The Suttas.
- The Path of Purification.
- The Abhidhamma.