- Choose subject and stay on point.
- Re-read retreat template daily.
- Read and study the footnotes and links.
- Limit screen time aside from study and necessary communications. Make a time limit and at scheduled times.
- Carefully attend each time the phone is touched for whatever reason. Attend to when intention is felt and the action throughout the process.
- Limit email to just what is necessary in order to keep up with business and social responsibilities. No new threads.
- No recreational reading.
- No recreational TV/streaming/YouTube.
- No news.
As often as possible attend to what pleasures/pleasantnesses arise in taste when eating/drinking/brushing teeth, or the body at the gym, etc. visual objects while hiking, etc., sounds hiking/garden, etc., smells while cooking/gardening, etc., and whatever pleasant/unpleasant thoughts arise with special attention to the habit of tone and pattern, etc. Cultivate a perspective of the consequences of pleasure; kamma, and dependent origination.